Volusion Case Study: Upload eCommerce Product Data On A Volusion-Based Platform
Volusion is an eCommerce platform that provides businesses (large and small) with an all-in-one eCommerce platform that can handle any online store. They offer a complete eCommerce solution with tools for checkout, payments, order management, social media management, customer loyalty plans and more.
In this blog, I am going to share a case study based on the Volusion eCommerce Platform. Before that, let’s have a look at its features and who should use it -
Volusion Features -
- The advanced eCommerce features that Volusion offers include — Admin Access Rights, Security, Tax Display and Processing, and more.
- Some more valuable features, such as third-party store integration, cross-channel fulfilment, multi-site management, and more.
- Additionally, Volusion supports many popular third-party trading platforms, giving users access to various markets around the world with the assistance of expert advisors or customizable automatic trading strategies.
- In terms of innovation, Volusion is a world leader, and they are constantly seeking ways to improve and maintain their competitive advantage.
Who Should Use Volusion?
If you want to build an eCommerce site, but do not have the time to deal with HTML coding or tool integration, Volusion is a great option for you. It allows you to add products, market your business, charge your customers, manage your inventory, shipping, etc.
Additionally, Volusion benefits businesses that wish to use a hosted platform that serves as their catalog and shopping cart and wish to have the checkout process in their own domain.
Let’s start with a case study -
The client had a US-based eCommerce store, which sells car accessories on the Volusion platform.
The client’s estore was still under construction. After experiencing difficulty entering product data on his estore, the client needed assistance. As a newcomer to eCommerce, he wanted to launch his estore as soon as possible. However, before that, he wanted to enter all of his product information accurately and quickly.
In addition, he wanted to sort and categorize the product data, optimize the product meta tags and titles, edit and improve the product images. Moreover, the client also expected to make sure that all of his product descriptions must contain keywords.
Why did the Client hire an eCommerce Development company?
The client was looking for a major source who could build his Volusion estore with 100% accuracy.
After searching the web for the best Volusion eCommerce development company, he found Galaxy Weblinks Inc., He checked the company portfolio and talked to an expert directly. After that he decided to hire the company.
In response to his proposal, the company addressed all website issues.
- The most challenging part was categorizing the product data. As the estore sold car accessories, the product data was categorized under categories such as exterior accessories, interior accessories, car care products, etc.
- These categories were further subdivided into subcategories. In the interior there was an accessories category, for example, steering accessories, interior lights, electronic gadgets, and so on were divided further. Professionals had to remain alert to place each product under the right category.
- A 100% data accuracy was required for all products.
- There were poor quality images of products, and were poorly lit and had distracting backgrounds that detract attention from the product.
Work Done By Galaxy Weblinks Inc.
- They created a specified Volusion’s product data feed.
- Created descriptions for about 4000+ products.
- Add new high quality images with clear backgrounds to get the attention of buyers.
- For 100 percent accuracy, product data entry professionals used the double-key data entry system. In addition, Galaxy Weblinks’ professionals thoroughly researched the client’s vertical industry product categories to ensure that every product was classified appropriately.
- Optimized meta tags and titles using the right keywords. In the meantime, professionals went about researching each product and writing keyword-rich descriptions of it.
- The product images were edited and improved by a team of photo editors. First, they used the shadow adjustment tool in Photoshop to adjust the light on the product images. Next, editors used the Photoshop lasso tool to extract the product images from their backgrounds to make the product backgrounds consistent. After that, they were implanted on a uniform, monochrome background.
If you have any trouble uploading the products to the Volusion eCommerce platform or you want to build a new estore from scratch, you can contact Galaxy Weblinks Inc.
A leading eCommerce development company that specializes in custom web and mobile applications development. Their online management tools transform businesses into robust web solutions.
Galaxy Weblinks Inc. has years of experience in building eCommerce websites based on Volusion and customizing the existing website with new features and advanced options. Contact them now!