NopCommerce Case Study: How an Improved Site Design and UX Leads to Higher Conversions?
NopCommerce is free and open-source eCommerce software used by thousands of online stores. It is entirely written in ASP.Net 4.0 and supported by Microsoft SQL Server — regarded as one of the best database management tools available on the market. In short, NopCommerce is a combination of open-source and commercial software that is simple to configure, secure, and highly scalable.
Here in this article, I have shared a NopCommerce Case Study. You can explore how an online supermarket owner switches to NopCommerce with the help of a leading software development company — Galaxy Weblinks Inc.. The client operates one of the largest online supermarkets in Spain with tens of thousands of products and customers. Before proceeding further with the case study, I have mentioned the reason to choose NopCommerce as your eCommerce solution.
Why Choose NopCommerce?
NopCommerce offers a lot of powerful functionality that makes it unique. It is popular because it includes many essential out of the box eCommerce features. The platform comes with extensions, plugins, modules, and features that assist an eCommerce owner with marketing activities, user experience, upgrades, user interface, and customization.
NopCommerce has the following key features that make it the best choice for any eCommerce solution:
- Open Source Platform
- Built on Dot Net Core
- Mobile Commerce Ready
- Easily Customizable & Manageable
- Streamlined Payment Process
- Search Engine Friendly
- Mobile Commerce Ready
- Multi-Store Feature
- Multi-vendor support along with Drop-shipping
- Marketing Features
- Easy to scale.
Now, Let’s start with the Case Study -
- They needed a brand new design that would reflect their vision and focus on the UX.
- The integration of ERP (Enterprise resource planning) data and data migration were also essential.
- Website required a checkout process with a minimum of clicks and personalized parts based on user preferences.
These are the following things that the most trusted eCommerce development company “Galaxy Weblinks Inc.” has done for the client.
Before proceeding further I would like to give you a quick overview of this best custom eCommerce development company.
Galaxy Weblinks Inc. is a leading custom NopCommerce development company that provides end-to-end eCommerce development services to clients worldwide. It is a good option if you are looking to boost sales and gain profits while providing a seamless customer experience at a reasonable price.
Design and UX
- A clever easy-to-use structure and user experience are created that ensures easy navigation of the online shop and experience a greater conversion rate for the visitor.
- Custom menus that include categories/subcategories, menu icons and clickable images in submenus were designed and implemented.
- The final template can adapt to different screen sizes, platforms, and orientations to fit users’ behavior and environment.
- Utilized industry-standard and proven markups to boost the e-shop’s visibility on search engine results pages, boosting its page rank.
A “Personalization” section was also added to the homepage. Customers in this section can see different products based on product discounts/offers, which they have purchased in the past or recently viewed.
The implementation of a shopping list is another feature. A customer can add or remove products from his/her shopping list. They can create, edit, and delete shopping lists. In order to buy all the products on their shopping list, they need to transfer them all into the cart.
- Data migration was executed since the client’s website was originally built on another platform. SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services) connected to the MySQL database to migrate the data.
- Another challenge was maintaining the ranking of the SEO for all pages of the eCommerce store. As a solution, they created the SEO-Keeping Mechanism.
ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) Integration
The client’s website required integration between its ERP system and the NopCommerce store. Through web services, data was synchronized. These were the main tasks:
- Integrating the ERP system with customer addresses and information.
- Integrating data and information from ERP systems.
- Integrating categories and information from the ERP system.
- Integrating brand data and information from ERP systems.
- Directing new customers to an ERP system via the e-commerce site.
- E-commerce orders are passed to the ERP system.
- Creating all the different checks and scheduling tasks.
Custom Filters and Custom Sorting Options
Custom filters were implemented on all brand and category pages (using Ajax functionality). The filters can be applied and removed very easily.
Also added custom sorting options. For example, customers can search for products with the biggest discounts and products that are bestsellers.
- Plugins were developed during the project, and 10,000 products/SKUs were migrated.
- The improved design has resulted in a lower bounce rate and a higher conversion rate.
- The store now has 3000 unique visitors every day, 30 to 40 new clients each day, and sales are up 50%.
Last Words -
If you are looking to develop or customize your eCommerce store with NopCommerce Technology or migrate to NopCommerce, hiring a developer to do this task is a good option. They can handle all the work with full efficiency without creating any trouble.
You can refer to Galaxy Weblinks Inc. for any eCommerce development and migration services. Here are the Ecommerce Development services provided by them -
- End-to-end services
- Scalable and customizable solutions
- A highly skilled and experienced team
- Expertise in open-source technologies
- Support and maintenance services
- Custom implementations and services
For more information, you can contact them at — https://www.galaxyweblinks.com/contactus?utm_source=medium&utm_medium=article&utm_campaign=NopCommerce_Case_Study&utm_id=medium.com